For the cornichon salad:
- 4 oz. drained Maille cornichon classic
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsps. Lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Maille Dijon original mustard
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
To add the Aussie touch, choose from:
- 4 slices of pineapple
- 2 large cooked and sliced beetroots
- 2 oz. grilled red capsicums
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Maille Dijon honey mustard
- 6 brioche burger buns
- 6 patties Beef, Vegetarian
- Add the cornichons, limes, avocado, coriander and Maille Dijon mustard to a mini food processor and pulse to chop to a chunky paste.
- Cook the patties on a medium BBQ or on a hot grill plate or in a heavy base pan and cook on each side for 3 mins. (If you are making Vegetarian patties cook in a hot non stick pan until golden on both sides, or cook in the oven on 350° F).
- If you are adding cheese add this on the top of the patty after you flip it.
- In the meantime, slice the buns lengthwise, separate the cornichon salad between the burgers or as much as you desire and use the leftover as a side with chips.
- Smear the top bun with Maille Dijon honey mustard
- Once the patties are cooked place on the cornichon salad, add your preferred ingredients, top with the top bun and serve
Find the original recipe by clicking here. (Link opens in new window.)