10 Everyday Beauty Tricks
Small, pretty touches anyone can do
Too often busy moms just take care of everyone else. But you shouldn’t neglect yourself, especially when looking lovely has never been simpler. Here are a few ways to put beauty back on your to-do list.
1. Vibrant visage: Smooth on a tinted moisturizer. It acts like foundation, giving you a polished look, and protects your skin from the sun at the same time. Look for one with SPF 15 or higher. And don’t forget to thoroughly clean your face at the end of the day. Try or Pond’s® cleansing towelettes.
2. Bright eyes: Feeling tired? Brush on two coats of curl-enhancing mascara. Long, curled lashes open up eyes and help you look awake in seconds.
3. Chic cheeks: A light wash of color will make you look fresh-faced all day. Use your fingers to swirl creamy blush directly on the apples of your cheeks. Or try a bronzing blush for a sun-kissed look.
4. Glossy lips: Keep a tube of tinted lip gloss in your purse. It’s a no-fuss alternative to lipstick and looks good even when it fades. In a rush? Dab a little Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly on lips for a simple sheen.
5. Luscious locks: For sleek hair, use a smoothing cream to get rid of frizz. Look for a product like Suave Professionals® Sleek Anti Frizz Cream, that goes on both wet and dry hair, so you can use it after the shower and for daytime touch-ups. With curly locks, scrunch a curl-enhancing mousse into wet hair for defined curls that don’t need to be blow-dried. Try Suave Professionals® Captivating Curls Cream Mousse.
6. Modern mane: Upgrade your ponytail to a braided bun. Loosely braid hair and twist it into a low chignon at the nape of the neck. Secure with bobby pins.
7. Decorated do: Ditch the scrunchies and try a wide headband or a scarf to decorate your do instead.
8. Spa shower: Use a moisture-rich body wash, such as Caress® Daily Silk Body Wash. Also look for products with aloe and vitamin E, which will hydrate your skin. Or opt for an invigorating scent — for example, citrus — to boost your energy.
9. Healthy hands: No time for a manicure? Help prevent chapped hands and ragged cuticles with a nongreasy hand lotion. Carry a travel-size bottle in your purse and apply throughout the day.
10. All-day fresh: Feel fresh and confident all day with an antiperspirant that keeps you cool and dry, like Degree® Women. And the best part? It goes on smooth and alleviates white marks on your good clothes.