Revitalize Your Look This Spring
Help your hair and skin recover from the harshness of winter
When the first flowers begin to bloom and you feel the warm weather in the air, there’s not much doubt: spring is just around the corner. And just as you notice the renewal of nature with the change of seasons, your hair and skin also need to be revitalized after months of cold weather.
Put these tips into practice to help you get ready to put the winter coats back in the closet and sport new and fabulous hair, and radiant skin during spring. Get ready to enjoy this season in all its glory!
After winter, your hair needs to get rid of the dryness and restore the shine it lost due to the harsh cold weather. You can revitalize your hair by following these simple steps:
- Trim the ends. Low temperatures tend to over-dry your hair, beginning at the ends. Trim at least one inch to eliminate dry ends and kick off Spring with a new look.
- Clean and hydrate. Your hair needs an extra dose of care when you expose it to spring’s sun. Consider washing your hair with products specifically formulated to nourish and repair it, such as Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo.
- Dry the natural way. Take advantage of the warm spring weather to put away the hairdryer. Drying out your hair the natural way will help keep it silky and shiny.
During winter, dry air from heaters deprives your skin of oxygen, causing it to look dull and dehydrated. To revitalize your skin consider this routine:
- Clean your skin. Get in the habit of washing your skin in the morning to remove the impurities that build up when you sleep. Also, clean your skin at night to eliminate any make-up or sweat residue that may build up during the day. During warmer days your skin will sweat a bit more and you will need to clean these toxins. Use a body wash, such as Caress® Daily Silk, every time you shower, to cleanse your skin.
- Exfoliate your skin. Remember to exfoliate your skin once a week. This will help remove the dead cells and the dry skin that winter left behind.
- Moisturize your skin. As the warmer season rolls in, your skin needs hydration and extra care as it first becomes exposed to the sun. Hydrate your skin inside and out – drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to replace the moisture lost through sweat.
- Relax. Keeping calm and stress-free will help your skin and your muscles look relaxed and ultimately, more radiant. Take advantage of the great weather and longer days to walk or exercise in the park. Apply a good deodorant, such as Degree® Women Expert Protection Sheer Powder, and enjoy the outdoors. Your mind and your whole body will be grateful.