Beef Stuffed Cheesy Baked Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook time: 50 Minutes Serves: 4
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup reduced sodium beef stock
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Maille Dijon Original mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
- 4 Large baking potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Prick with a knife or the tines of a fork, place on the oven rack and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until tender. While the potatoes are cooking, brown the ground beef in a large skillet or cast iron pan. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and set aside.
- In a separate pan, add 1 tablespoon of the butter and the diced onion. Cook on medium low heat, stirring often, until the onions begin to caramelize. Add the minced garlic, continue cooking for another minute and then remove from the heat. Add the cooked onion and garlic mixture to the cooked ground beef.
- In the pan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and whisk in the flour. Cook for a minute to get out the raw flour taste. Slowly whisk in the beef stock, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, ground black pepper and shredded cheddar cheese. Continue cooking and stirring, on low heat, until the mixture begins to thicken. Add the beef mixture into the sauce.
- When the potatoes are cooked, slice open and pour on the cheesy beef mixture. Serve hot.