Caprese Salad Wraps with Maille Old Style and Balsamic Dressing
- One bunch of basil (Genovese if available)
- 1 lb of vine-ripened tomatoes
- 8-10oz of fresh mozzarella
- (2 ) 10” sandwich wraps
- 2 Tbs Maille Old Style (Link opens in new window.)
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Honey (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients and set them aside
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella 1/2 inch thick.
- Coarsely chop basil or use the whole leaf
- Layout sandwich wraps and layer one column of mozzarella vertically down the center of the wrap, slightly overlapping each piece.
- Add tomatoes in the same fashion
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with prepared dressing to taste
- Layer basil
- Fold to wrap inward 2 inches starting at the bottom and top of ingredients column.
- Maintaining the two folds turn to wrap counterclockwise fold bottom edge covering all the ingredients completely. Tuck the covered ingredients and continue to roll until your wrap is secure. Cut in half and serve.
Find the original recipe by clicking here. (Link opens in new window.)