Cheesy Skillet Monkey Bread
Makes: 4-6 servings Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 35 minutes + 45 minutes rise time
Total time: 1 ½ hours
Recipe Notes: Vegetarian Friendly
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded (2 cups), divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound cold pizza dough, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Combine 1⅔ cups pepper Jack, Parmesan, mayonnaise, shallot, parsley, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl; season with ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add dough pieces, a few at a time, to cheese mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Coat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick spray. Arrange dough in a single layer in prepared skillet; scrape any excess cheese mixture from bowl over dough. Cover skillet with a kitchen towel and let rise until slightly puffy, 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F (190ºC) with rack set in middle position. Bake monkey bread until top is lightly browned and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining ⅓ cup pepper Jack cheese over bread; continue baking until edges are golden brown and firm and cheese is melted, 10–15 minutes more. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce!