Cheesy Skillet Monkey Bread
Makes: 4-6 servings Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 35 minutes + 45 minutes rise time
Total time: 1 ½ hours
Recipe Notes: Vegetarian Friendly
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded (2 cups), divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound cold pizza dough, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Combine 1⅔ cups pepper Jack, Parmesan, mayonnaise, shallot, parsley, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl; season with ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add dough pieces, a few at a time, to cheese mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Coat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick spray. Arrange dough in a single layer in prepared skillet; scrape any excess cheese mixture from bowl over dough. Cover skillet with a kitchen towel and let rise until slightly puffy, 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F (190ºC) with rack set in middle position. Bake monkey bread until top is lightly browned and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining ⅓ cup pepper Jack cheese over bread; continue baking until edges are golden brown and firm and cheese is melted, 10–15 minutes more. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce!
Read the original recipe by clicking here. (Link opens in new window.)