Coffee Chocolate Chip Tiramisu
- 3 or 4 thick slices of vanilla cake (heavy crumb eg pound cake)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/8 cup or 30 ml dark rum or marsala (optional)
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate flakes for sprinkling
- 1 pint Talenti Chocolate Chip Gelato (Link opens in new window.)
- Using a cookie cutter cut roundels of your cake slices that fit your serving glasses.
- Prepare a coffee liquor by mixing your instant coffee and rum (if using) in warm water.
- Place your cake round in the bottom of your serving glass and soak with coffee liquor using a spoon.
- Top with 2 or 3 heaping spoonfuls of the Talenti Coffee Chocolate Chip Gelato, continue for 2 or 3 more layers depending on the size of the glass.
- Dust the cocoa powder using a fine strainer and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
*Place your tiramisus in freezer if not consuming immediately