Cookie Crust Ice Cream Cheesecake
Prep Time: 40 min Freeze Time: 4 h Cook Time: 10 min Chill Time: 1 h Makes 10 servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream (Link opens in new window.), melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 container (1.5 qt.) Breyers® Natural Strawberry Ice Cream (Link opens in new window.), melted
- 1 cup chopped strawberries, PLUS 12 sliced strawberries for garnish
- 3 small scoops Breyers® Original Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Ice Cream (Link opens in new window.)
- To make Cookie Crust: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt 1 stick butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the granulated sugar and the brown sugar and beat with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in melted Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream then egg, 1 tsp. of the vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- On low speed, slowly beat in flour, then cocoa powder. Using a 2 Tbsp. ice cream scoop, scoop dough 2-in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. (You should have 24 cookies.) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Flatten cookies slightly to about ¾-in.thick. Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until set. Remove to wire rack; cool.
- Working in batches, pulse 18 cookies in food processor into crumbs. Transfer to medium bowl. Reserve remaining cookies for another use.
- Melt remaining ½ cup butter and combine with crumbs. Line bottom and sides of 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper. Press crumbs into bottom of pan. Freeze 1 hour.
- To make Cheesecake Filling, beat remaining 1 cup sugar and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Beat in melted Breyers® Natural Strawberry Ice Cream and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla. Fold in chopped strawberries. Pour cheesecake filling over frozen cookie crust. Freeze at least 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove sides of cake pan. Arrange sliced strawberries on top of cake. Top with Breyers® Original Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Ice Cream. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Get the original recipe by clicking here. (Link opens in new window.)