Dijon Crusted Pot Roast
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook time: 3 Hours Serves: 6
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Maille Dijon Original mustard
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups baby potatoes
- 3 carrots, cut in chunks
- 2 sprigs rosemary, plus more for serving
- 2 sprigs oregano, plus more for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Pat chuck roast dry. Season with salt, pepper, and rub with Maille Dijon Original mustard.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Sear chuck roast on all sides until browned.
- Add beef broth, potatoes, carrots, rosemary, and thyme to the Dutch oven.
- Cover Dutch oven and cook for 3 hours, or until beef falls apart. Serve with fresh rosemary and oregano.
Thoroughly sear each side of the beef. You want a dark brown sear on each side.