Nourished, Radiant Skin All Summer Long
When you think of summer, you probably think of a lot of fun-in-the-sun time. But with sizzling days and balmy nights, comes humidity and high temperatures that can wreak havoc on your skin, making it feel oily during the day and dry in the evening. Fortunately, there are several nutrients that can help your skin stay hydrated and fresh. From Omega 3 to Vitamin E, learn which foods and products will help your skin look radiant during these hot summer months.
What to eat…
- Omega 3. This is a better for you fat (hooray!) that may help revitalize, soften and improve your skin’s elasticity. It’s known to keep the skin’s moisture by acting like a natural barrier.
- Foods with Omega 3: nuts, cold water fish like salmon, and olive oil.
- Vitamin C. An antioxidant known for its skin-nourishing and revitalizing capabilities.
- Foods with Vitamin C: oranges, kiwis, red bell peppers, broccoli, papaya and mango.
- Vitamin A. Known for keeping skin supple and healthy-looking.
- Foods with Vitamin A: carrots, kale, and tomatoes.
What to apply to your skin…
- POND’S® Rejuveness, is an anti-wrinkle cream, made with vitamin E, collagen and AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) which have been known to improve elasticity and help reduce the appearance of fine lines in 2 weeks.
- POND’S® Clarant B3, made with vitamins B3 and C, is a dark spot correcting cream that helps even the tone of your skin, visibly diminishing dark spots in 4 weeks.