One Pot Taco Pasta
Makes: 4-6 servings Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (chicken or beef also work)
- 1 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1, 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (from a can)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayo (Link opens in new window.)
- 2 ½ -3 cups chicken stock (use 2 ½ cups for al dente pasta and 3 cups for softer pasta)
- 8 ounces pasta (small shapes such as elbows or shells work best)
- Optional: 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Add the olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium/low heat.
- Add the ground turkey and let cook until it is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, salt and garlic and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika and all purpose flour.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir to mix everything together.
- Bring to a boil, stir and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for about 12-15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Give a good stir and top with cheddar cheese and chopped scallions and/or cilantro if desired. If topping with cheese, add it on right when the pasta finishes cooking and then put the lid back on to let it melt.
Find the original recipe by clicking here. (Link opens in new window.)