Raspberry-Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
COOKING TIME: 8 mins PREP TIME: 20 mins SERVES: 6 people
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 6 ounces high quality semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 Magnum® ice cream Double Raspberry Bars (Link opens in new window.)
- Fresh raspberries and mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray 6-count muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 10 second increments, stirring after each until melted and smooth; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, confectioners’ sugar and salt together. In another small bowl, whisk together eggs and egg yolks.
- Add flour mixture and eggs to the bowl of melted chocolate mixture. With rubber spatula stir until smooth; batter will be slightly thick.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes; tops will look slightly soft. Remove to wire rack to cool 1 minute, then use a spoon to release cakes from pan. Place each top-side-down on serving plates.
- Insert a Magnum® ice cream Double Raspberry Bar into each lava cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint. Serve immediately.