Autumn Corn Chowder
Our Autumn Corn Chowder fills your bowl with bacon and fresh vegetables in a creamy, thick soup. It’s a soup recipe that makes every spoonful extremely yummy.
- 2 slices reduced sodium bacon
- 1/2 cup leek, finely chopped, white parts only
- 10 ounces peeled butternut squash, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn or thawed, frozen corn
- 8 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
1. Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
2. Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.
3. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
4. Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through. Garnish, if desired, with fresh parsley.