Burgers with Cheese & Grilled Onions Recipe
Discover this unique and tasty burger topping in this exciting recipe. It’s the perfect cheesy grilled onion burger!
590 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
360 (1 serving)
40g (1 serving)
11g (1 serving)
0.5g (1 serving)
100mg (1 serving)
510mg (1 serving)
26g (1 serving)
2g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
32g (1 serving)
25% (1 serving)
25% (1 serving)
6% (1 serving)
2% (1 serving)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss or Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced, (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, formed into 4 patties
- 4 hamburger buns
- Your favorite burger toppings
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar and garlic in medium bowl. Remove 1/4 cup to small bowl; set aside. Add Gruyère cheese and milk to remaining Mayonnaise mixture; set aside.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onions and thyme, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in Mayonnaise-cheese mixture; remove from heat. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
3. Grill, broil or pan-fry burgers, turning once, until done, about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Spread buns with reserved Mayonnaise mixture. Top bun bottoms with burgers, then onion mixture and if desired, your favorite burger toppings.