Caribbean Arroz con Pollo
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Caribbean Arroz con Pollo made with a few simple ingredients. A recipe that’s quick and easy to make but flavorful to eat!
790 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
390 (1 serving)
43g (1 serving)
12g (1 serving)
200mg (1 serving)
900mg (1 serving)
42g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
55g (1 serving)
6% (1 serving)
20% (1 serving)
60% (1 serving)
30% (1 serving)
- 2 tsp. oil
- 3 1/2 lbs. whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 packet Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento stuffed olives
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves or to taste
1. Heat oil in large deep skillet and brown chicken on all sides, in batches if necessary, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
2. Cook onion and red pepper in drippings over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, tender lightly golden, about 6 minutes.
3. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden. Stir in water, Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix and bay leaf. Bring to a boil overhigh heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered cook 10 minutes. Stir in olives. Arrange chicken on top of rice. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook covered 15 minutes.
4. Stir in peas. Cook until almost all the water is absorbed* and chicken is thouroughly cooked, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir. Let stand covered 10 minutes. Arrange chicken and rice on serving platter, then sprinkle with parsley.