Caribbean Beef Curry
Try something different with our Caribbean Beef Curry beef recipe. Coconut milk blends with curry-seasoned beef to give you an authentic-tasting Caribbean dish.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp. hot curry powder or mild
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes or or yams, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1. Season beef with curry. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet and cook onion and bell pepper until onion is tender, 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Return beef to skillet and add coconut milk, water and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cubes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 1-1/2 hours. Add sweet potatoes and cook until beef and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.