Caribbean Fried Rice
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Caribbean Fried Rice recipe made with smoked ham bits, plantains, kale and Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor.
350 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
80 (1 serving)
10g (1 serving)
2g (1 serving)
35mg (1 serving)
480mg (1 serving)
48g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
8g (1 serving)
18g (1 serving)
6% (1 serving)
10% (1 serving)
650mg (1 serving)
60% (1 serving)
50% (1 serving)
- 8 ounces boneless pork chops, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ripe plantain, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked ham (about 1 oz.)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups thinly sliced kale or collard greens or swiss chard (about 3 oz.)
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
1. SEASON pork, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork and onions, stirring frequently, until pork is done, about 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. HEAT remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook plantains and ham, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in kale, water and Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. REDUCE heat and cook, covered, 7 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in pork and onions; cover and let stand 2 minutes.