Caribbean-Style Pork Chops and Rice
Bring home the tropics with our Caribbean-Style Pork Chops and Rice. This pork recipe with Caribbean seasoning is a delicious dish served with red rice.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed and divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 packet Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Combine 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and garlic in glass baking dish or resealable plastic bag. Add chops; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning once. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
2. Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade. Evenly sprinkle both sides with spice mixture.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat and brown chops. Remove chops from skillet and set aside.
4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet and cook onion, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in rice. Cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes.
5. Arrange chops on rice and cook covered until rice has absorbed most of the liquid and chops are done, about 8 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Rice will be slightly wet.
6. Meanwhile, bring reserved marinade and remaining juices to a boil over high heat in small skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickend, about 10 minutes. Serve sauce with chops and rice.