Chicken & Asparagus Stove-Top Casserole
Cook a Chef Marco Pierre White recipe in your kitchen. Chicken Asparagus Stove-Top Casserole is as creamy as it is mouthwatering and will keep you full.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- Ground white pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, peeled and blanched (reserve all trimmings)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup celery leaves
1. Marinate chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil and thyme in medium bowl. Season with white pepper; set aside.
2. Bring asparagus, trimmings and water to a boil in large saucepot. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 minute. Strain out asparagus; reserve liquid. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken and cream; set aside.
3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in another saucepot and cook onion and garlic until tender. Add asparagus liquid and bring to a boil. Thicken with cornstarch blended with 1/4 cup water. Add chicken and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus and celery leaves. Garnish with parsley or chervil.