Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Rice Skillet
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Rice Skillet recipe made with low fat cheddar cheese, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken & more.
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup regular rice or converted rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup lowfat sour cream
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Melt 1 Tbsp. margarine in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
2. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. margarine in same skillet and cook onion, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in rice and cook until coated, about 1 minute. Add water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook covered, 15 minutes. Stir in broccoli, and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is crisp-tender and rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken, 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, cover and let stand until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.