Cider and Sage Braised Pork
Sage and cider team up to make a tasty pork recipe with our Cider and Sage Braised Pork. Juicy pork is bathed in apple cider with caramelized onion and garlic.
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 lbs. pork belly, cut into 4 x 4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 6 cups apple cider
- 8 fresh sage leaves, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) cipollini onions, peeled
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and arrange pork belly, fat- side-down, and brown on all sides.
3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy-duty oven-proof saucepot over low heat and cook onion with garlic to caramelize. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef and cider. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in pork belly and 4 sage leaves. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, then cover with pot lid. Bake covered 2 hours or until pork is tender.
4. Meanwhile, brown cipollini onions in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in another skillet. Add remaining 4 sage leaves and cook just until wilted. Reserve for garnish.
5. Remove pork to serving dish and garnish with onions and sage. Pour cider mixture over pork.