Cilantro Pork with Sweet Potato Rice
If you love pork and sweet potatoes, you’re in luck. Cilantro Pork With Sweet Potato Rice is a pork recipe that takes your taste buds for a ride with sweet and savory flavors you can’t get enough of.
830 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
170 (1 serving)
19g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
130mg (1 serving)
2220mg (1 serving)
97g (1 serving)
13g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
66g (1 serving)
15% (1 serving)
40% (1 serving)
20% (1 serving)
180% (1 serving)
- 4 bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 4 Tbsp. margarine, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato or yam, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Sprinkle pork chops evenly with 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and rub into meat. Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in large deep nonstick skillet over high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
2. Melt remaining 2 tablespoon margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, sweet potato and garlic, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, rice and remaining Bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
3. Stir in beans and cilantro, then top with chops. Cover and cook until chops are done and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.