Great Vegan Mac & “Cheese”
We use all vegan ingredients to make this delicious vegan recipe.
350 (1 serving)
19g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
580mg (1 serving)
37g (1 serving)
2g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
8g (1 serving)
28mg (1 serving)
1mg (1 serving)
371mg (1 serving)
- 8 ounces high protein elbow macaroni
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Vegan Dressing and Spread, divided
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. Maille® Old Style Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare macaroni according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile bring 2 cups water, potato, onion, carrot and garlic to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove and reserve 3/4 cup cooking water, then drain.
3. Transfer vegetable mixture and reserved cooking water to blender and blend until smooth. (Or puree in pot using a hand held immersion blender.) Reserve 1 Tbsp. Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread. Add remaining to blender; add nutritional yeast, mustard and salt and blend until smooth.
4. Combine drained macaroni and sauce in pasta pot; season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Transfer to 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Combine reserved 1 Tbsp. Dressing and Sandwich Spread with panko crumbs and sprinkle over top.
5. Bake 15 minutes or until crumbs are toasted.