Kale, Roasted Beets & Butternut Squash Salad with Spicy Sunflower Seeds
Bite into our delicious Kale, Roasted Beets & Butternut Squash Salad made with Hellmann’s® Sunflower Oil with a hint of Lemon Mayonnaise Dressing.
270 (1 serving)
17g (1 serving)
2g (1 serving)
8g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
15mg (1 serving)
590mg (1 serving)
26g (1 serving)
8g (1 serving)
13g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
220mg (1 serving)
3mg (1 serving)
931mg (1 serving)
- 1 lb. golden beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. thick wedges
- 8 ounces baby carrots, (preferably assorted colors), peeled, halved if thick
- 8 ounces butternut squash, cut into slices or chunks
- 5 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Sunflower Oil with a hint of Lemon Mayonnaise Dressing, divided
- 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped shallot
- 2 tsp. chopped assorted fresh herbs, (thyme, parsley, chives)
- 6 cups baby kale
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat oven to 425°. Toss beets, carrots, butternut squash and 2 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Sunflower Oil with a hint of Lemon Mayonnaise Dressing in medium bowl. Arrange on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and black pepper.
2. Roast vegetables, 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until browned and tender.
3. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise Dressing with sunflower seeds in medium skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and cayenne and toss on low heat 30 seconds. Season if desired, with sea salt. Set aside.
4. For dressing, combine remaining 2 1/2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise Dressing, shallots and herbs in small bowl; season if desired, with salt and pepper.
5. Toss kale and roasted vegetables with dressing in large bowl. Sprinkle with spicy sunflower seeds.