Roasted Tomato & Barley Soup
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Roasted Tomato & Barley Soup made with a few simple ingredients. A recipe that’s quick and easy to make but flavorful to eat!
- 6 cups peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped tomatoes, about 6 large tomatoes
- 1 large Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked pearled barley
- 7 cups water
- 2 Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 cup penne pasta
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Combine tomatoes, onion, carrots, garlic and oil in jelly-roll pan or rimmed baking sheet; roast until vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in 4-qt. stockpot, bring barley, water and Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
4. Add roasted vegetables to barley and return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until barley is just tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve, if desired, with grated parmesan cheese.