Spicy Beef Nachos
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 bag (10 to 14 oz.) tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese * (about 2 oz.)
- Combine tomatoes, lime juice and jalapeno pepper in medium serving bowl; set aside.
- Blend avocado, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and sour cream in small bowl with fork until desired consistency. Turn into serving bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add ground beef and chili powder and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until ground beef is cooked.
- Arrange tortilla chips on large serving plate**, then top with ground beef and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1 minute OR microwave 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Garnish with tomato mixture, avocado mixture and, if desired, chopped green onions.
* Use more if desired.
**Use broiler-proof plate if broiling OR microwave-safe plate if microwaving.
Find the original recipe by clicking here. (Link opens in new window.)