Sweet Hot Mustard Grilled Tofu Satay
For tofu skewers:
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu 14 ounce
- 10 – 12 skewers soaked in water for 30 mins if wooden
- For sweet hot mustard sauce:
- 1 7.3 ounce jar Maille Old Style Mustard (Link opens in new window.)
- 1 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 – 2 tbsps hot sauce, wasabi, or horseradish to taste
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic optional
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the garnish:
- 1- 2 teaspoons everything but the bagel seasoning
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the ingredients for the mustard sauce until smooth and adjust the heat level to your taste by adding some hot sauce or whatever you’d like. Measure out ½ cup of the sauce and pour over the tofu pieces. Gently toss them to coat completely and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, place the tofu pieces onto skewers. I made about 12 skewers with 4 – 5 pieces on each.
- Heat a grill or non-stick griddle pan on medium high heat. Place the tofu in and cook for a few minutes on each side until charred. Pour over any remaining marinade over the top before flipping. Depending how big your pan is you may need to do it in two batches.
- Alternatively, you can bake these at 400 degrees F on a parchment lined tray. Cook for about 30 – 35 minutes until golden, flipping halfway through.
- Sprinkle with some ‘everything but the bagel’ seasoning and serve with additional mustard sauce.