Two Potato Gratin
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes Serves: 6
Baked russet and sweet potatoes with Maille Mustard.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp Maille Dijon Original mustard
- 1 tsp Maille Old World Style Mustard
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated, plus extra for topping
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven at 350F degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them thin. A mandoline will give you uniform slices.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium and melt your butter.
- Sprinkle in your flour, stirring constantly to combine. Allow to cook for several minutes until it begins to smell nutty.
- Slowly add in your milk, constantly stirring. Continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add both mustards to the sauce, stirring to combine.
- Add your seasonings, fresh herbs, and Gruyere cheese.
- Butter a baking dish and arrange your potato slices. Pour the sauce over the top.
- Top with more Gruyere cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.