Vanilla, Chocolate & Strawberry Churro Cups
Prep Time: 30 mins Freeze Time: 8 hrs Cook Time: 3 mins Chill Time: 1 hr Makes: 6 servings
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Breyers® Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Ice Cream
- Add butter, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and hot water to a pot and set over medium-high heat.
- Allow butter to melt and bring water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, mix in flour with a rubber spatula. Mix until all flour is combined, and a hot dough is formed.
- Remove dough from pot and place in a mixer bowl. Let cool 12 minutes.
- With mixer on medium speed, beat in vanilla extract and eggs until combined, about 2 minutes. (The dough will look like little balls.)
- Beat on high and mix until dough is smooth.
- Place dough in a piping bag with a star tip attachment.
- Spray the backside of a cupcake pan with non-stick baking spray. Pipe dough around the backside of cupcake pan, to create bowls. Freeze overnight.
- Remove the cups from back of cupcake pan. Fill a small pot with vegetable oil and attach a candy thermometer to the side. Heat the oil to 375°.
- Deep fry each churro cup for 3 ½ minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove each churro cup with slotted spoon and allow to drain on paper towel lined plate.
- In a bowl, mix remaining 1 cup sugar and cinnamon. Place each churro cup in bowl and spoon sugar mixture over the top to coat.
- Fill each churro cup with small 2-inch scoops (about ½ cup) of Breyers® Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Ice Cream. Serve immediately.
Find the original recipe by clicking here. (Link opens in new window.)