Beef Barley Soup
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 8 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked pearled barley
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 envelopes Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1. Brown ground beef in large pot over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally, until barley is tender, about 1 hour.