Cheesy Eggplant Casserole
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded vegan mozzarella-style shreds
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix with bread crumbs in shallow bowl. Dip eggplant in egg beaten with water, then crumb mixture until evenly coated.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch skillet and cook 1/2 of the eggplant over medium heat, turning once, 3 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining oil and eggplant, using additional oil if needed.
4. Layer 1/2 of the eggplant, then 1 cup vegan mozzarella-style shreds in 11 x 7-inch baking dish; repeat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake covered 25 minutes or until heated through.