Chicken Pot Pie
Packed with tender vegetables and chicken, this chicken pot pie recipe is full of flavor and is ready in about 20 minutes, so it’s a great weeknight dinner.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3 small carrot
- 6 ribs celery
- Pearl or chippoline onions
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, rolled out lightly
- 1 egg, beaten
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Marinate chicken in olive oil, garlic, rosemary and white pepper 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring water to a boil and cook carrot, celery and onions 2 minutes. Strain out vegetables, reserve vegetable water.
4. Bring reserved vegetable broth and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken to a simmer in 2-quart saucepan. Whisk in corn starch combined with a little water. Stir in cream, chicken and vegetables. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
5. Brush edges of pie plate with egg. Turn mixture into pie plate, then top with crust; pressing edges to seal. Brush top with egg, then slit.
6. Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.