Baked Chicken With Apples
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup regular rice or converted rice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 green apples, cut into 1-1/2 inch slices
- 2 carrot, sliced (optional)
- 1 whole chicken (2-1/2- to 3-lb.), cut into serving pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425°. In 13 x 9-inch roasting pan, combine all ingredients except chicken. Arrange chicken on top.
2. Bake covered with aluminum foil 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and rice is tender.