Enjoy a hint of red wine mixed with boneless beef chuck steak in this Beef Burgundy recipe. Mushrooms, carrots, garlic and onions bring great taste to this dish.
370 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
200 (1 serving)
23g (1 serving)
7g (1 serving)
1g (1 serving)
70mg (1 serving)
540mg (1 serving)
13g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
21g (1 serving)
4% (1 serving)
15% (1 serving)
10% (1 serving)
200% (1 serving)
- 1 lb. boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 2 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 3/4 cup Burgundy or dry red wine
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 small clove garlic, finely c hopped
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 package Knorr® Au Jus gravy mix
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Season beef if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat and brown beef well on all sides. Remove beef to bowl; set aside. Add wine to pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pot; boil until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Add to bowl with beef; set aside.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pot over medium-high heat and cook onions 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Return beef and wine to pot; add 1 cup water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
3. Stir in carrots and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
4. Whisk together Knorr® Au Jus gravy mix and remaining 1/2 cup water in small bowl. Stir into pot and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes.