Candied-Bacon Fudge Sundaes
2010 Sundae Scoop-Off First Prize Recipe
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups Breyers® Vanilla Fudge Twirl
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, then lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange bacon on prepared pan. Combine brown sugar, chili powder and allspice in small bowl; sprinkle over bacon. Bake, turning once, 12 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Let cool, then cut into small pieces; reserve aluminum foil.
3. Meanwhile, whisk cream in medium metal bowl until soft peaks form. Whisk in maple syrup until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Toss pecans in liquid remaining on aluminum foil until coated. Bake pecans 1 minute or until pecans are toasted.
5. To serve, scoop Breyers® Vanilla Fudge Twirl into serving bowls, then evenly top with bacon, pecans and maple whipped cream.