Creamy Potato & Cheese Soup
Get your cheesy potato fix with our Creamy Potato Cheese Soup recipe that puts two favorites in one bowl.
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled
- 3/4 lb. potatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 6 ounces Oaxaca or Asadero cheese or mozzarella, cubed
1. Bring water and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add potatoes, reduce heat and boil gently covered about 8 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Do not drain; reserve 1/2 cup potato liquid.
2. Meanwhile, roast onion and garlic in a dry medium skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes or until blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Chop onion and peel garlic. Cook poblano pepper over open flame about 5 minutes or until blackened, turning frequently. Wrap pepper in aluminum foil and let stand until cool. Peel, seed and roughly chop pepper.
3. Process onion, pepper, garlic and reserved potato cooking liquid in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir into saucepan. Stir in milk and cheese and heat until cheese is melted.