Greek-style Pot Roast
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 3 lbs. boneless pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 2 envelopes Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into lengthwise strips (about 4-in. x 1/2-in.)
- 2 large green peppers, cut into chunks
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat oil and brown beef in Dutch oven. Meanwhile, combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix, garlic, tomatoes, reserved liquid and lemon juice in small bowl; stir into Dutch oven.
2. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered, turning beef occasionally, 2 hours or until beef is tender. Remove beef to serving platter and keep warm. Stir in eggplant and green peppers and simmer covered 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.