Cook up Knorr’s delicious Potato Taquitos made with a few simple ingredients. A recipe that’s quick and easy to make but flavorful to eat!
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cube(s), crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube(s), crumbled
- 16 corn tortillas
- additional vegetable oil for frying
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Cook about 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and mash.
2. In a medium skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat and cook onion about 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and oregano and cook about 30 seconds. Add water and Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cubes and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, cilantro and Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube; set aside.
3. Heat 3/4-inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry each tortilla about 10 seconds to soften; drain on paper towels. Divide potato mixture between tortillas, roll up and secure each with a toothpick.
4. Fry taquitos, in batches, about 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
5. Serve with guacamole and crema Mexicana.