Salmon & Leek Chowder
This leek soup swims upstream. Our Salmon Leek Chowder soup recipe improves the typical potato leek soup with salmon and bacon. Grab a spoon and dive in.
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cups peeled and chopped all-purpose potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package Knorr® Leek recipe mix
- 1 -lb. salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Cook bacon until crisp in large saucepan. Remove bacon and set aside; reserve drippings.
2. Cook celery, carrot, potatoes and onion in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in water, milk and Knorr® Leek recipe mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. stir in salmon, until salmon flakes with a fork and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and reserved bacon.