Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs
After you season our Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs, simply sit back and let them cook. Once they’re ready, pour a little red wine on them to add even more flavor to this enticing beef recipe.
- 4 lbs. beef short ribs, trimmed of fat
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 large carrots, cut into 2-in pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 package Knorr® Classic Brown gravy mix
- 1 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp water, divided
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1. Brown short ribs in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and place in slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, garlic and thyme.
2. Drain fat from skillet. Add 1 cup water and Knorr® Classic Brown gravy mix, stirring well and scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over short ribs.
3. Cover and cook at LOW 8 hours or until short ribs are tender. Remove short ribs and vegetables to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
4. If desired, remove excess fat from slow cooker. Thicken gravy by stirring flour with remaining 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Add to slow cooker and cook at HIGH until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with short ribs and vegetables.