Arroz Con Pollo
Arroz con Pollo is a classic, hearty dish that is a crowdpleaser for any occasion. Serve up a bowl of comfort for under $4 per serving!
400 (1 serving)
10g (1 serving)
1.5g (1 serving)
90mg (1 serving)
510mg (1 serving)
48g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
29g (1 serving)
62mg (1 serving)
4mg (1 serving)
215mg (1 serving)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium Spanish onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (8 oz.) low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 jar (4 oz.) sliced pimentos, drained
- 1 cube Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cube(s) or 1 1/2 tsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken into bite- sized pieces. Add to skillet and cook 2 minutes until browned.
While chicken is cooking, dice green pepper and onion. Add to skillet with garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
2. Stir in water, tomato sauce, rice, peas, pimentos, Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil stirring until Bouillon is dissolved.
3. Lower heat to medium-low; cover and cook 18 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve, if desired, with a watercress salad.