Cherry Pie à la mode On-The-Go Recipe
Co-created with So Yummy, this recipe includeds miniature cherry pies used to make a slider filled with Breyers® Cherry Vanilla. Cherry pie à la mode on-the-go!
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup cherry pie filling, (you can use a bit more if desired)
- 1 egg mixed with 2 Tbsp. water (egg wash)
- 1 tsp. raw sugar
- 4 scoops Breyers® Cherry Vanilla
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Add Filling: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lay down one pie crust and dollop in the cherry pie filling. Use as much filling as you want, but honestly we found less is more, (we used about ¼ cup total). If you don’t have pie filling, you can mix together cherries, sugar, and lemon and use that too!
2. Cut Pies: Once the pie filling is evenly distributed, cover with the second pie crust and cut out little pies! We used a wine glass but you could use a cookie cutter or even a mason jar lid.
3. Crimp Pie Edges: Remove any excess dough and transfer the mini pies to a baking sheet. Crimp the edges of each pie to seal in the filling, then use a paring knife to cut some small steam holes into the top (IMPORTANT, if you don’t do this step the pies will explode).
4. Bake: Brush the pies with egg wash and top with a sprinkling of raw sugar. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
5. Assemble: The rest is up to you. You can cool the pies completely so you don’t melt the Breyers® Cherry Vanilla, or you could keep the pies warm and enjoy deliciously melty a la mode sliders. The choice is yours but the most important thing is that you scoop Breyers® Cherry Vanilla onto one pie and sandwich it with another pie.