Chicken Sancocho (Chicken Stew) Recipe
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Chicken Sancocho, or chicken stew, made with a few simple ingredients. A recipe that’s quick and easy to make but flavorful to eat!
430 (1 serving)
14g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
100mg (1 serving)
560mg (1 serving)
54g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
23g (1 serving)
55mg (1 serving)
2mg (1 serving)
808mg (1 serving)
- 1 3/4 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 3 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 lb. yuca, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks, (about 3 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, (about 1 lb.), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 cube Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 2 corn-on-the-cob, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in 5-quart pot over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in pot. Stir in yuca and sweet potato and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook covered 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in corn; cover and cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken; cut meat from bones and return to pot. Stir in cilantro. Serve, if desired with lime wedges.