Filled with peppers, sausage, tomatoes, and beans, this Frijoles Racheros soup recipe is one you’ll make again and again.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 sprigs epazote
- 2 serrano chile peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb. black beans, cooked
- 6 cups water
1. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, epazote sprigs, chopped serrano, chorizo and 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in bacon and cook 1 minute; set aside.
2. Bring beans and water to a slow boil in 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Stir in reserved vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes.
3. Garnish, if desired, with cilantro and/or panela cheese.