Secret Breakfast Sundaes
2010 Sundae Scoop-Off First Prize Recipe
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 Tbsp. firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 5 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granola cereal, divided
- 2 cups Breyers® Original Butter Pecan
- 2 cups Breyers® Original Coffee Ice Cream
- 4 fresh strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Arrange bacon on nonstick baking sheet, then sprinkle with 1/2 of the brown sugar. Bake 6 minutes. Turn bacon, then sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake an additional 6 minutes or until dark brown. Remove from oven and cool on aluminum foil or wire rack. When bacon is cooled, crumble and set aside.
3. Beat 1 tablespoon maple syrup with 1/2 cup heavy cream in cold 2-quart metal bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form; set aside.
4. Evenly spoon 2 tablespoons granola into 4 tall parfait glasses or tumblers. Evenly scoop Breyers® Original Butter Pecan into glasses, then sprinkle with remaining granola. Top with Breyers® Original Coffee Ice Cream, then drizzle with remaining maple syrup. Sprinkle with bacon, then top with whipped cream and strawberries.