Swiss Alps Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
1. Slice horizontally through each chicken breast with knife parallel to cutting board, stopping 1 inch from opposite edge; open breasts and fill each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Close each chicken breast, securing open edge with wooden toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Melt margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove and set aside.
3. Add mushrooms and red pepper to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix blended with water and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove toothpicks before serving. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.