Texas-Style Smothered Pork Chops
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Texas-Style Smothered Pork Chops recipe made with cremini mushrooms, cayenne pepper, fresh thyme and Knorr® Roasted Chicken gravy mix.
520 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
260 (1 serving)
29g (1 serving)
8g (1 serving)
125mg (1 serving)
560mg (1 serving)
21g (1 serving)
1g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
42g (1 serving)
15% (1 serving)
10% (1 serving)
4% (1 serving)
4% (1 serving)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms or cremini mushrooms
- 1 package Knorr® Roasted Chicken gravy mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves or 1/8 tsp. dried thyme
1. Combine salt, black pepper and cayenne in small cup. Season chops with 1/2 of the salt mixture. Combine flour and remaining salt mixture in 9-inch pie plate; coat pork.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
4. Whisk together Knorr® Roasted Chicken gravy mix, milk and thyme in small bowl; stir into skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add chops; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until gravy is thickened and chops are done, about 4 minutes.