Ultimate Ice Cream Sundae Cake Recipe
Co-created with So Yummy, this ice cream sundae cake combines various Breyers® flavors with chocolate and vanilla cake mix.
- 2 containers Breyers® Rocky Road
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 containers Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 container Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 cups chocolate frosting
- 2 cups dark chocolate frosting
- 2 Tbsp. caramel ice cream topping
- 1 can whipped cream
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate sprinkles
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Mix & Bake: Melt 1 container Breyers® Rocky Road over a double boiler. Mix the melted Rocky Road with the cake mix, pour into a cake pan, and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Repeat with vanilla cake mix and 1 container Breyers® Natural Vanilla.
2. Prepare Ice Cream Cake Layers: While your cakes bake, transfer 1 container each of softened Breyers® Rocky Road, Natural Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream into cake pans and freeze to make ice cream “cake” layers. You can keep the flavors separate or swirl them together.
3. Layer Cakes: Take the cakes out of the oven and slice each cake layer in half. Layer the cake layers and the ice cream layers on a cake stand. Cover the cake in chocolate frosting and dark chocolate frosting. Once smooth, keep the cake in the freezer until just before serving.
4. Garnish: Scoop additional Breyers® Rocky Road, Chocolate and Natural Vanilla onto the cake and garnish with caramel sauce, whipped cream, and sprinkles. Slice and serve!