Zero Salt French Onion Soup
After some inspiration for your next meal? Check out this French Onion Soup recipe, that’ll be sure to impress!
190 (1 serving)
8g (1 serving)
2g (1 serving)
5mg (1 serving)
240mg (1 serving)
26g (1 serving)
1g (1 serving)
7g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
158mg (1 serving)
1mg (1 serving)
141mg (1 serving)
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced (6 to 7 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 6 cups water
- 6 Tbsp. Knorr® Zero Salt Bouillon Beef
- 6 slices (1/2-in.-thick ea.) French bread
- 6 Tbsp. shredded Swiss cheese
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions, stirring frequently, 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook, stirring constantly, until onions are browned and very tender, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in water and Knorr® Zero Salt Bouillon Beef and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered 8 minutes.
3. Arrange 6 broiler-proof bowls on baking pan. Evenly ladle soup into bowls, then top with bread and cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.