Barley Corn Salad
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrot, crushed
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice *
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 3 cups shredded fresh spinach leaves (about 4-1/2 ounces)
- 4 ounces feta cheese or blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook barley, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until golden brown. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes or until barley is tender. Remove from heat and let stand covered 5 minutes. Turn barley into large bowl and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cool. Stir in carrots, cucumber and corn.
2. Blend lemon juice, oregano and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in small bowl; stir into barley mixture. To serve, arrange spinach on serving platter; top with barley salad, then sprinkle with cheese.